Pelican Beach Resort
Pelican Beach Resort is the perfect base from which to explore the natural and cultural attractions of the Stann Creek District or to relax and be taken care of in seaside comfort.
In House Activities
If you prefer light activities, we have for your pleasure:
- a collection of local art and crafts
- a variety of board games
- a ping pong table
- a small exchange library
- a masseuse on call
On Thursdays and Fridays, be entertained and make new Belizean friends at our "Happy Evenings".
Enjoy a morning stroll through our garden, cultivated with numerous tropical plant species which attract butterflies, birds, squirrels and iguanas.
Relaxing in Hammocks on the Dock
- Over 10 varieties of hibiscus and flowering plants including allamanda, bouganvillea and ixora
- Mango, Mayflower, Citrus, Mahogany and Flamboyant trees.
Our lobby is only 100 feet from the beach. Enjoy a leisurely swim, collect sand dollars from the seafloor, or let the cool breeze lull you into a nap in a hammock on the dock.
Tours & Adventures
Choose from any of our tours or try a combination of activities. Take a walk on the wild side with our jungle tour or go back in history with a visit to ancient Mayan temples. If you love the sea, then experience a whole new unforgettable underwater world. And, of course, there is the rich culture of the Garifuna to be found right in nearby Dangriga. Here's a sample of rewarding adventures:
- Ziplining through the dense jungle of Bocawina Mayflower Archaeological Reserve for adventure on Belize's Longest Zipline.
- Hiking and birding in the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary - the world's first jaguar reserve
- Standing under the invigorating cascade of waterfalls at Antelope Falls in the Bocawina Mayflower Archaelogical Reserve
- Climbing and exploring the mysteries of ancient Maya sites at Mayflower and Xunantunich;
- Snorkeling the crystalline waters of the South Water Marine Reserve - Belize's largest marine reserve
- Experiencing island life at our island getaway on South Water Caye
- Discovering the richness of local Garifuna history, culture, music and art.