Pelican Beach Resort
Swim, snorkel, dive, kayak, fish or do nothing at all...
- Snorkeling right off the southern tip of the island and additional side trips to a variety of patch reefs; "the drop off"; and mangrove habitats are all easily arranged.
- Scuba-diving is offered through nearby dive operators
- Kayaks are available at no charge for a trip around the island or just a little exercise.
- Birding requires little effort. An assortment of herons and other wading and shore birds are resident on the island along with pelicans, osprey, warblers. Visitors include North American migrants in the winter months as well as the Magnificent Frigate birds from nearby Man 'O' War Caye.
- Marine Ecology tours - Surrounded by a multitude of marine habitats, guided snorkeling adventures cover the patch reefs, floating mangrove roots, a large sinkhole, the spur and groove formations outside the reef and even a snorkel over the unending "drop off".
- Games and Library - An assortment of board games and a small exchange library are available in the Pelican's Pouch.
- Hammocking - An activity? Only if you have to push with your foot to keep swaying or if you count trying to decide which hammock to try this time!
- Nature Walk - Walk along the trail on the property and learn about the trees and plants in the area, some of which are known to have medicinal properties.
- Flyfishing -Fishing - for some light fishing, one can use hand lines and fish right off the docks