Pelican Beach Resort
Doing nothing at all is not as easy as it sounds. Especially when you've been going a mile a minute - driving, emailing, texting, talking, planning, and trying to keep abreast of what is going on in the world around you.
Every soul needs a little respite and here are some hints to slowly get you acclimatized while on South Water Caye:
In short order, you'll find that:
- Put away the watch - Mealtimes are when your stomach says so
- Bring a book or grab one from the small exchange library
- Take a walk on the beach
- Sit on a beach chair and contemplate the hues of blue in the waters offshore
- Grab a hat and sit in the shallows off the south beach, cool drink in hand.
- Lay on your bed with your eyes closed and listen to the sound of the waves, the birds and the wind in the trees
- Engage in our hammock testing program - this is a valuable exercise where you spend an hour at a time in each of the hammocks on the island and report your findings to the manager!
- South Water Caye has become your private domain (You'll know this has happened when you ask "Who are those people sitting in MY chair?" :) )
- Your stomach will tell you its 12 o'clock and time to eat
- The distance to the beach just seems a little longer each day - that's because your pace has slowed
- The muscles in your jaw and back will loosen and your smile will become at least 2 inches wider.